Apply for a Scholarship
2018 Health Care of Tomorrow Applications
Canton-Inwood Area Health Foundation has developed a scholarship program to assist students who are pursuing or planning to pursue a health care degree at a post-secondary two or four year college, university or vocational-technical program. The scholarships will be offered on a yearly basis for full-time study at any accredited post-secondary institution the student chooses.
The scholarship program is administered by the Canton-Inwood Area Health Foundation. Canton-Inwood Area Health Foundation believes in equal opportunity and will grant scholarships without regard to race, color, creed, religion, gender, disability, national origin or any other category protected by state, local or federal law, regulation or rule.
The Scholarship awards are not renewable, but students may reapply to the program each year so long as they meet the eligibility requirements.
Applicants of the scholarship must meet the following requirements:
- High school seniors or high school graduates who plan to enroll or are currently enrolled in a full-time undergraduate course of study to major in a health care field at an accredited two or four year college, university or vocational-technical program;
- Cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or greater, calculated on a 4.0 grading scale;
- Students must have graduated from a high school within Sanford Canton-Inwood Medical Center’s primary service area. Those qualifying schools include Canton High School (Canton, SD), West Lyon High School (Inwood, IA), Alcester-Hudson High School (Alcester, SD);
- Parents of more than one qualifying student can submit multiple applications but only one scholarship will be awarded per family per year;
- Students can reapply every year they meet the eligible criteria.
Interested individuals must complete the application and mail it along with an official, complete transcript of grades to Canton-Inwood Area Health Foundation. Those students who are not currently enrolled in an undergraduate program will also need to submit a copy of an acceptance letter from the college, university, or vocational-technical program. At least three (3) references will be required. References are to be mailed by the applicant or individual completing the same. The application and references must be postmarked by April 6, 2018. Applicants are responsible for submitting all necessary information. Evaluation of applications is based on the information supplied and all questions must be answered completely. All information received is considered confidential and is reviewed only by the Canton-Inwood Area Health Foundation Scholarship Committee.
Canton-Inwood Area Health Foundation Health Care of Tomorrow Scholarship recipients will receive a $1,000.00 scholarship award based upon their academic record, participation in school and community activities, a statement of educational and career goals and any unique personal circumstances.
Selection of recipients is made by Canton-Inwood Area Health Foundation Scholarship Committee. All decisions are final. Applicants will receive written notification within the month of May 2017. Inquiries regarding the scholarship program should be submitted to: Canton-Inwood Area Health Foundation, Attn: Scholarship Committee, P.O. Box 292, Canton, SD 57013 – (605)764-1491.