Apply for a Scholarship
2022 Grant and Scholarship Applications
Canton-Inwood Area Health Foundation is now accepting applications for Heart of the Community Health & Wellness Grants and Health Care of Tomorrow Scholarships.
Heart of the Community Health & Wellness Grants are awarded to community organizations based on their ability to promote and advance community health and wellness initiatives.
The Health Care of Tomorrow scholarship program is designed to assist students who are pursuing or planning to pursue a health care degree.
Application and references must be received by March 25, 2022.
Canton-Inwood Area Health Foundation has developed a scholarship program to assist students who are pursuing or planning to pursue a health care degree at a post-secondary two or four-year college, university or vocational-technical program. The scholarships will be offered on a yearly basis for full-time study at any accredited post-secondary institution the student chooses.
The scholarship program is administered by the Canton-Inwood Area Health Foundation. Canton-Inwood Area Health Foundation believes in equal opportunity and will grant scholarships without regard to race, color, creed, religion, gender, disability, national origin or any other category protected by state, local or federal law, regulation or rule.
The Scholarship awards are not renewable, but students may reapply to the program each year so long as they meet the eligibility requirements.
Applicants of the scholarship must meet the following requirements:
- High school seniors or high school graduates who plan to enroll or are currently enrolled in a full-time undergraduate course of study to major in a health care field at an accredited two or four-year college, university or vocational-technical program;
- Cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or greater, calculated on a 4.0 grading scale;
- Students must have graduated from a high school within Sanford Canton-Inwood Medical Center’s primary service area. Those qualifying schools include Canton High School (Canton, SD), West Lyon High School (Inwood, IA), Alcester-Hudson High School (Alcester, SD);
- Parents of more than one qualifying student can submit multiple applications but only one scholarship will be awarded per family per year;
- Students may reapply every year they meet the eligible criteria.
- Interested individuals must complete the official application form and mail it to Canton-Inwood Area Health Foundation, along with:
- official, complete transcript of grades
- official copy of composite ACT score (a high school transcript with this information is acceptable)
- personal essay
- three letters of reference
- Students who are not currently enrolled in an undergraduate program will also need to submit a copy of an acceptance letter from the college, university, or vocational-technical program.
- The application and references must be received by March 25, 2022.
Applicants are responsible for submitting all necessary information. Evaluation of applications is based on the information supplied and all questions must be answered completely. All information received is considered confidential and is reviewed only by the Canton-Inwood Area Health Foundation Scholarship Committee.
Canton-Inwood Area Health Foundation Health Care of Tomorrow Scholarship recipients will receive a $1,000.00 scholarship.
Selection of recipients is made by the Canton-Inwood Area Health Foundation Scholarship Committee. All decisions are final. Applicants will receive written notification within the month of May 2019. Inquiries regarding the scholarship program should be submitted to: Canton-Inwood Area Health Foundation, Attn: Scholarship Committee, P.O. Box 292, Canton, SD 57013 – (605)764-1495.
Due to the finite number of available scholarships, it is possible for a student to meet all criteria and not be selected. Students are encouraged to reapply each year they are eligible.