Apply for a Grant
2023 Heart of the Community Grant Application
Seeking to make a positive impact on community health and wellness for the benefit of current residents and future generations, the Canton-Inwood Area Health Foundation offers Heart of the Community Health & Wellness Grants to deserving recipients on an annual basis.
Grants are awarded based on the agencies’ ability to promote and advance community health and wellness initiatives.
The Canton-Inwood Area Health Foundation administers a grant program called “Heart of the Community” for health & wellness projects. Grant funding applications will be considered for organizations interested in health and wellness projects aimed to improve the overall health of the Canton-Inwood service area.
A health and wellness project is defined for the purpose of this grant as one or more events or activities that target safety, health, recreation, prevention and/or nutrition.
Funds may be used for supplies, materials, equipment and/or personnel.
Applications will be reviewed one time per year.
Who can apply
Those eligible are nonprofits, schools, government, quasi-government agencies, and churches, to name a few.
To apply, complete the application and submit it and related documents to Canton-Inwood Area Health Foundation, attn: Scholarships & Grants Committee. Please type all responses and provide sufficient information to enable the Committee to have a clear understanding of the project.
To prepare an itemized budget, “shop ahead” to identify potential costs and indicate cost and quantity of each item. Here is a sample budget:
- Limit of one application per project, but organization can apply for more than one project.
- Applicants will be notified of a decision within 60 days of application deadline.
- If approved, applicants should receive funds within 30 days.
- It is required that grant funds awarded be expended to complete the project by April 30, 2024.
- Applicants who are awarded a grant are required to submit a post-project summary form within 30 days of completion of their project.
We look forward to reviewing your request.
Applications must be received by March 24, 2023.
To print a 2023 grant application, click here
To submit an application form via email, complete and submit the form below.