Apply for a Grant
2022 Heart of the Community Grant Application
Seeking to make a positive impact on community health and wellness for the benefit of current residents and future generations, the Canton-Inwood Area Health Foundation offers Heart of the Community Health & Wellness Grants to deserving recipients on an annual basis.
Grants are awarded based on the agencies’ ability to promote and advance community health and wellness initiatives.
The Canton-Inwood Area Health Foundation administers a grant program called “Heart of the Community” for health & wellness projects. Grant funding applications will be considered for organizations interested in health and wellness projects aimed to improve the overall health of the Canton-Inwood service area.
A health and wellness project is defined for the purpose of this grant as one or more events or activities that target safety, health, recreation, prevention and/or nutrition.
Funds may be used for supplies, materials, equipment and/or personnel.
Applications will be reviewed one time per year.
Who can apply
Those eligible are nonprofits, schools, government, quasi-government agencies, and churches, to name a few.
To apply, complete the application and submit it and related documents to Canton-Inwood Area Health Foundation, attn: Scholarships & Grants Committee. Please type all responses and provide sufficient information to enable the Committee to have a clear understanding of the project.
To prepare an itemized budget, “shop ahead” to identify potential costs and indicate cost and quantity of each item. Here is a sample budget:
- Limit of one application per project, but organization can apply for more than one project.
- Applicants will be notified of a decision within 60 days of application deadline.
- If approved, applicants should receive funds within 30 days.
- It is required that grant funds awarded be expended to complete the project by April 30, 2023.
- Applicants who are awarded a grant are required to submit a post-project summary form within 30 days of completion of their project.
We look forward to reviewing your request.
Applications must be received by March 25, 2022.
To submit an application form via email, complete and submit the form below.