2019 Heart of the Community Grant Applications Accepted Until April 1
The Canton-Inwood Area Health Foundation administers a grant program called “Heart of the Community” for health & wellness projects. Grant funding applications will be considered for organizations interested in health and wellness projects aimed to improve the overall health of the Sanford Canton-Inwood service area.
A health and wellness project is defined for the purpose of this grant as one or more events or activities that target safety, health, recreation, prevention and/or nutrition.
Funds may be used for supplies, materials, equipment and/or personnel.
Applications will be reviewed one time per year. The 2019 deadline is April 1, 2019.
WHO CAN APPLY
Those eligible are nonprofits, schools, government, quasi-government agencies and churches, to name a few. Preferences may be given to those applicants that are within the Sanford Canton-Inwood Medical Center’s service area.
- To apply, complete the following application and submit it and related documents to Sanford Canton-Inwood Area Health Foundation, attn: Scholarships & Grants Committee. Please type all responses and provide sufficient information to enable the Committee to have a clear understanding of the project.
To prepare an itemized budget, “shop ahead” to identify potential costs and indicate cost and quantity of each item. Here is a sample budget:
Quantity Item Unit Cost Total Cost
40 Bike Helmets $20.00 $800.00
100 Educ. Brochures $00.10 $100.00
2 Gift Certificates-drawing $50.00 $100.00
Total Requested $1000.00
- Limit of one application per project, but organization can apply for more than one project.
- Applicants will be notified of a decision within 60 days of application deadline.
- If approved, applicants should receive funds within 30 days.
- It is required that grant funds awarded be expended to complete the project by April 30, 2020.
- Applicants who are awarded a grant are required to submit a post-project summary form within 30 days of completion of their project.
Mail the completed application to:
Canton-Inwood Area Health Foundation
Attn: Scholarships & Grants Committee
P.O. Box 292
Canton, SD 57013